The Demo Data
This is a description of the demodata that is optionally included at startup. All names and descriptions are fictional.
If you click the Preparation settings button in the top left box you will find the following preparations available
- General preparation. My main preparation targeted an unknown opponent. My style is very positional so this is reflected here
- Aggressive preparation. My 'I need to win' preparation targeted an unknown opponent. The style is aggressive and going for a funny game taking big risks
- Peaceful preparation. My 'I need a draw' preparation targeted an unknown opponent. The style is very defensive and going for pieceswops and low risks
- Prep vs John Smith. My preparation targeted at my club colleague who I know play certain openings. With the white pieces I extend his answer to the 'kings gambit' to have some counterplay ready. With the black pieces he plays a rare variant in the 'kings indian'
- Prep vs Eric Hansen. My preparation targeted an opponent in a weekend tournament who I know play certain openings. I extend these known opening lines to have counterplay ready
Create a general opening preparation
To make a general preparation with the white pieces you make one favorite choice when its your move and create an answer to the most likely and best moves that your opponent could choose. If you use the
positiondatabase you may find moves that will surprise your opponent. To make a general preparation with the black pieces it is the same procedure with the button "I play the black pieces" toggled.
The pieces of your side of the board are placed at the bottom of the screen.
Create a targeted opening preparation
If you know a variant that your opponent have played before you can enter it and start favoring response moves.
This will create a move-tree in the "Favorites View" with a long initial line and a variant explosion at the end.
You could do the preparation long time before your chess game and just right before the game do a Quiz-runthrough to refresh your memory.